Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Anxious .. October 15 earthquake in Bohol & Cebu

It was at 8:32AM today that Mama sent a text message saying a very strong earthquake occurred.  It was the strongest experienced so far by them and the after shocks are endless.  I am worried for them since this morning.  The electricity is back but along with our neighbors they are staying at the street outside our house.  I fear for my parents, nephew (7 months old), friends, relatives, and everyone's safety in Bohol and Cebu.  As per Mama's text as of 7:09 tonight, they got Kynan's crib and brought along a mosquito net.  They turned off the electrical main switch, lock the house, and prefers to stay outside.  The after shocks are bringing eerie feelings as she said.  

As I read the news online and saw the posted 
pictures it brought back the fear and the chaos of Feb. 6's earthquake last year. I am sure the earthquake today is by far the most destructive in both islands in my whole existence. It's so different to be in a state of calamity where your family is just nearby compared to our current set-up.  It is going to be a long night for me and those affected by today's quake.  It doesn't matter if material things go broken and damaged because they are replaceable but lives lost today is the most depressing.  

Lord, please shelter everyone tonight from cold and suspend any incoming rain to affected places.  Keep my family and everyone else safe from the tremors and the destruction brought about by the quake today. Please send thy guardian angels to comfort the sick, the old, and the children.  Please watch over us Lord.  This I pray, Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment