Thursday, October 31, 2013

steamy and cheesy Friday the 31st

The most anticipated day is here.  It's Friday the 13th oops Friday the 31st, the last day of the month, pay day, and another happy, happy day.  It was so nice seeing the children at school this morning wearing their Halloween costumes.  I spotted Spider Man, Dracula, princesses and witches. I give both the Parents and the children A+ for the effort exerted.  And that includes me and Jack hehehe.  I think the children's excitement as they compare and checks on their costumes has influenced me to do something for my boys too.  
Impromptu act.  I can't remember Ian's puto cheese recipe which we made last time so I had to seek assistance from the net.  And there it was blah blah blah and I started the steam engine.  It's an improvised steamer but as long as it generates steam and produce puto cheese out of the flour, eggs, milk, salt, baking powder, sugar, cheeses then it's super dooper fine and I am grateful enough.    Anyways, the first batch didn't rise as expected because I didn't allow it to rest for awhile but the 2nd and 3rd batches came out just perfect.  I used brown sugar instead the regular white sugar.  Aside from preferences, it's Halloween and I want to deviate from the normal whiteness of the puto cheese.  Although it's a fact that you can make more colors still brown sugar gives out a difference shade.  Eenie-winnie-teenie-hallo-weenie kaboom!  

Happy Halloween everyone!  Meet my Halloween treat for my boys. Yes, it is puto cheese.  It was time to open my Silicone Decoration Pen and put to good use.  Glad it worked with the cheese.  Yes, yes, yes. Those white stuff are made of cheeses.  I mixed the Cream Cheese and Mascarpone Cheese to create the ghosts and web.  Too bad, the chocolate ganache wasn't friendly with the pen or it's the other way around.  Anyways, I'm still able to pull it through and was able to write RIP with a toothpick, awesome! ☺.  It will be Pee Mak Phra Khanong night later so these puto cheese will be a good snackin' with the hot and spicy chips!  

Okay bye for now, it's time to pick up Z from school and let me take a look for another batch of inspiration(s) from the costumes.  Aawwoooo!  Another gloomy afternoon and great!  It's now raining. 

Have fun and be safe.  Don't let Chucky or Freddie scare you away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment