Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Coming home for the Holidays is in every Filipinos heart regardless if it means bringing home more bacon or just oneself.  We love to come home because we want to be with our families and friends as we celebrate Christmas and New Year.

As the flight booking is completed there is no looking back and officially, countdown begins. Last minute purchases are unavoidable, packing becomes a challenge and what's more the unending cycle of packing and unpacking to avoid excess baggage episodes at the check-in counter.  But who says it's a new issue?  If ever I will have a New Year's Resolution, on top of my lists would be -- 1. Pack lightly. 2. No more last minute purchases.  Hahaha is this like asking for the moon to come down? ☺ 

Thank God for the safe travel and we're Home Sweet Home!  We're back to our roots and it feels so good to be cradled back in the arms of our family.  How I miss the comfort of my bed, the snoopy linens and my room.  Oh!  Now that I'm back, I am ruining the room's tidiness but I so appreciate the new light, it's a lot cooler now than before although it's dimmer but I am too happy to complain.  Naks!  Home is a lot noisy since we arrived but with all the laughter and innocent giggles it's both a feat and a blessing.

After a few days from touchdown one by one Zs' to-do list are checked and done.  Do you want a copy of his list?  Here's a glimpse ☺:

1. Pancake and hotdog for breakfast on arrival date.
2. Chorizo
3. Jollibee
4. Pork adobo and the list goes on.

One at a time I have met my friends and marked x my list too.  Our lists differ but as each bullet list is crossed out, each item shines like a star that brightly lit our hearts.  They are like magic beans that we now eagerly collect which we may one day scoop out to give us energy in the next year's adventure.  As for Jack, he is at his own pace and heart content -- no pressure, no list, just calm and relax as always.

I am happy to see the upgraded traffic lights in Mandaue, the on-going road widening at Canduman, the newly opened establishments and restos, the rising buildings, and the great number of church goers during the Misa de Gallo.  What blows me away are the long queues at the taxi stands and the pressing and torturing traffic jams. I can't believe how populated Cebu has become both people and vehicles.  We used to reach Ayala Center in 30-45mins from our house but now it takes us 1 hour 30 minutes and the jam is everywhere. Even riding a jeepney is a struggle.  What the!  Partly could be of the season!?  The good thing is I don't drive but I have to give my travel time a great ample of time.  And oh another thing which I don't find too friendly is the sprouting of gasoline stations especially along Canduman and Talamban.  Scarey!  Don't you think so?

Again, it's good to be back!  Home Sweet Home Cebu, yahooo!!



No comments:

Post a Comment