Thursday, August 22, 2013

Sunday finds

It was one of those rare Sundays!  Lazy-me was overpowered by wandering-me after celebrating mass (wide, wide smile).  There was a change in destination but no change in activity -- m a l l i n g.  It was the most ideal time to be at the mall because it was still lull and spacious to walk around.  So, here were the Sunday finds:

1.  Garrett Chicago popcorn's Spicy CheeseCorn.  It says for a limited time only so grab on! (easy fooled ).  I like it when paired with the Almond CaramelCrisp and taken together.  I like it's being spicy and I love cheese.  But this cheesecorn is just too cheesy-oily or maybe the cheese they used?  Bottom line is that I am not so smitten with the cheesecorn.  Still, it's Almond CaramelCrisp then and forever. 


2.  Emergency Chocolate by Chocolate World.  It was just a window shopping then suddenly my eyes wandered near the cashier and so it caught an interest.  It's so cute and funny for a chocolate to be called.  I didn't expect that it could taste good.  The texture was so smooth and tastes like Cadbury milk chocolate which Z also thought.  This got our votes ☺☺.  As it says, emergency so until my next craving!  For now it's enjoying cold company of fridge


3.  Petrosains, The Discovery Center @ KLCC.  For the nth time that we plan to try out the place, at long last we made it.  I thought it was just any ordinary science exhibit hall but I stand corrected because the place is huge.  It was like spelunking an unknown cave.  It was fun, educational, and interactive.    There was a demo or a show where topic was about gas.  Ha! Stock knowledge worked this time.  I was too eager to participate in the show not that I was on the stage but in the Q&A portions along the way.  Not bad I was approached after to fill up a survey form and received an activity puzzle sheet which was just to Zs' delight as it was of dinosaurs.  So many inputs on that afternoon, brain overload and I ended up hungry hehehe.  We enjoyed the experience and we never bothered looking at time and when we were out only did we know that we were there for 4 hours.  My!  It took us 4 hours to roam around, read, and try what were there. Yes!  The place is worth visiting and it was a good place to waste time.  Here's a little tour:


L-Upper: Harmonograph - just please zoom the view ☺.  R-Upper: Me & Jack for the ride of our lives.  Ride The Hurricane at 126.9 kph the maximum.  
L-Down: Singing T-Rex.  I like the beat of his song, so cool!  R-Down: The safest place to experience an Earthquake.  
L-Upper: Robot Football☺.  R-Upper: Z with the Super Dig machine.  It's a good experience for kids to use an excavator and work on a building site. 

L-Down: Just like a racing game inside Timezone. F1 like experience.  R-Down: One place any kid will try and have fun --- tube slide.
This is one place I had fun too.  It was fun watching the kids working hand in hand with the simple mechanical machines.  They don't know each other but they sure worked well to get the results.  
This is not an easy testing machine, one has to be very quick and alert.  I am not a fan nor I know him not until I saw him in person last year in August participating the Cobra Ironman 70.3 at Shangri-la Mactan Cebu.  He was very competitive and no wonder he also held the unofficial world record of 114 hits in 1 minute by an F1 driver (I'm just repeating the Petrosains' info hehehe).  Oh! Jenson Button ☺.  
This is something I don't think I can ever have the opportunity in the real setting hehe.  We had an experience of strolling inside a gas platform.  Jack can pretty much relate with all those pipes because it's what he does -- design them.  Pretty neat because it has a galley, messhall, quarters, office, and clinic.  On the upper left, the green thing is called the Christmas Tree (defined by wiki --  is an assembly of valves, spools, and fittings used for an oil well, gas well, water injection well, water disposal well, gas injection well, condensate well and other types of wells.).  R-upper: It's called Personnel Basket Transfer.

 This is where I had the mighty, mighty victory.  That guy in brown was my opponent and I beat him twice 

There are so many things to do inside Petrosains and these pictures are just a few.  I don't know if any of my teachers ever told us or I was absent when it was told or simply it comes with ageing ☺ but on that afternoon I learned that oxygen is a waste product during photosynthesis hehehe poor me ☺!    

I consider myself a student and forever I will be.  Every input whether a review or really a raw knowledge is something to be treasured and accepted with open arms by me.

To a sunny, fun-filled, and educational weekend to you!








No comments:

Post a Comment