Thursday, September 5, 2013

Panic attack!


What would you do if you get trapped at your own abode?

        For the many times I had let myself out and stayed at our laundry place, this the first time that I could hear my heart thumping loud, adrenaline rush, "what to do?" and speedy thoughts kind of feeling. 

        It's not unusual that I close the door before sweeping the floors of our laundry section.  I'm aware though that there is something wrong with the doorknob but never it crossed my mind that among all days it has to happen today.  Bang!  The loudness of the bang sound when the door closed was as loud as the bang that my mind yelped!  No way, highway!  The lock malfunctioned and locked me out.   I'm way floooooooooors away from help.  Z is at school, I need to pick him up at 2:30PM, Jack is at work and worst, I have no phone.  Gosh!  Oh God.  The Toilet's windows and the 2nd room's windows are way too difficult to break in.  Break the door knob but with what?  Choices: plastic chair, broom, bottle, waste basket, a stepper??  Last and worst choice is to break the jalousie windows with my bare hands.  Our kitchen sink has a 2 column windows made of jalousies.  It's of thick glasses, always closed and locked from the inside(of course, why from the outside?!).  I had no choice but to try my luck.  I slowly lifted the 2nd piece of the jalousie and glad it gave way a bit.  I tried to reach the lock from the inside but it requires more lifting.  As long as I can reach the lock and open it I don't care what happens next.  I'll face the music afterwards.  This is my make or break moment.

        Thank you Lord for the help!  No amount of relief to describe when I held the door open and immediately got inside.  Whew!  Minor scratches and no broken window glass .... super whew!  

That door badly needs a new doorknob!  What an afternoon.  I don't need coffee to keep me awake as I'm too wide awake now!

Have a safe day everyone.  Change what needs to be changed and don't be like me, okay?!  TTFN!  It's almost 2:30PM and it's time to be a school bus ☺ ☺



No comments:

Post a Comment