Wednesday, January 8, 2014

First post in 2014

My Firsts on the first week of the first month of 2014


January 1:

v      First Breakfast       -  way back my single days New Year's eve is not complete without a dozen doughnut and this has been a consistent thing for me.  As time moved on and as I try to reminisce the past 9 NYs right now, oi!  My bad!  I lost the consistency but I'm glad there were in betweens and I'm just too happy we had it as we waited for 2014 to come in.  The breakfast tradition is back ...

v      First Mass              -  the family was complete as we heard the 1st mass of the year at Our Lady of the Nativity Parish.
v      First Freebie claim -  thanks to BPI.  We had free burgers, chickens, burger steak, and sundaes (not in the pic).  What a way to the start the year ... more food to share with the family and not a single cent spent.

v      First Mall & store   -  Banilad Country Mall.  Jollibee food for the freebies and it was like a Jollibee hopping moment.  From Jollibee Country Mall to Jollibee Banilad branch and at Gaisano Talamban.  Why?  Because only 3 BPI transactions can be claimed per store per day.
 First Outburst       -  our printer broke and I need to print our tickets.  Argh!  Tsk tsk tsk.   

January 2:

  • First Good Samaritan      -  Frustration was already at all smiles on me in the morning of January 2nd as I went from one internet shop to another.  I can't have my documents printed for reasons of:
o        the internet shop is no longer of business
o        the internet shop has no bond paper
o        the internet shop has no printing service
o        the internet shop is the same as ours, the printer choked and died.  Sad and frustrating!

Lito of Globe SM Cebu!  I was too grateful, too relieved when I saw him at the store because I saw hope and help on my minute despair.  I Thank God for Lito and Globe because I was able to claim our reduced travel tax with the prints.  A Good karma happened, was is?☺.
§          First Money spent  -  Php 15.00 for a parking fee .
§          First Candles -  it was my first visit to Sto. Nino after months from being away.  It was a brief stop but the happiness inside me was way beyond description.  I lit candles and prayed for thanksgiving and continuous blessings.


January 3:

Ø      First Flight/Aircraft          -  Air Asia Zest -- Z2 187

Ø      First Meal in the sky - Php 168.00 for an Uncle Chin's Chicken Rice. 

Ø      First Meal in KL      -  chicken nuggets, burger and fries at Mc Donald's.
Ø        First Household chore     -  wiping off 2013 dusts
Ø      First Home Delivery         -  Domino's chicken and pizza.

Ø        First and longest time ever not to cook(since being a home maker) - It was all take away food.  We never had a home cooked meal from the time we arrived in January 3 to January 6(except lunch).  Blame it to laziness and still on vacation mode

January 4:

  • First snack house            -  Crazy Potato
  • First Japanese Resto       -  Goku Raku Ramen house
  • First Korean TV series      -  Arang and the Magistrate (finished: Jan. 7 3AM)

January 5:

First Offense                   -  I am not taking it lightly and I have no valid reason to cover up for my negligence and laziness.  I have committed my 1st Offense to my duties as a Catholic, I missed the 1st Sunday mass of the year and my boys missed it too. 

January 6:

First cooked meal  -  I can't call it a real home cooked meal because it was just a canned corned beef and rice for lunch then blanched a broccoli for dinner to match the KFC chickens .  No brainer but still presence of mind was needed.  I can't afford to start a big fire.  Can you?! .

January 7:

First real home cooked meal     - for the first time and at last I had the energy to start cooking from scratch.  It was my first to prepare a pak choi.  Thanks to Chris (carribean.pot) and youtube. Voila! A sautéed pak choi.  The heat from the dried chilli's might went overboard but still I liked it.  I didn't take a picture but next time I will.  Jack said it was not pak choi but onion hahaha because the ring onions over shadowed the pak choi.  I matched it with minced beef minced steamed rice.  Cooked the ground beef with yellow capsicum, carrots, onions and green peas.  It became a steamed rice when I dunked my rice to the minced beef soup ngee hehehe.

Slowly, I am regaining my momentum as a home maker.  This is usually me when I come from a break or when friends and families come for a visit and go home,  I feel emptiness inside me and all I want is to hibernate and hibernate until I can swim back to my old self and do my normal grinds.  Sigh! 

I hope you have your own set of firsts too.  May God bless us always as we continue to sail on and thank you so much for continuously reading my update page -- my way of keeping in touch!           


No comments:

Post a Comment