Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Irasshaimase!

​            "Irasshaimase!"  This is always the welcoming greeting when going inside a Japanese restaurant and this always remind me of a friend, Mace.  Sushi King is an interesting restaurant with its food choices, setup, and menu. Among the places we have visited so far it's the only restaurant where a calorie counter per food is transparently stipulated in its menu book.  Good thing I noticed all those calorie thingy only after the empty plates where piled up (lol).  Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing to put those figures in the menu, I respect your opinion.  Ordering food are in two ways -- get food directly from the conveyor belt and a la carte.  The conveyor belt reminds me of TST in Ayala Cebu that serves Chinese food.  They are of different pricing scheme and I prefer SK's.  It's an all you can eat at the conveyor belt and how you're charged is based on the colour of your plate(s).

What we have consumed:

·         Under Blue Colour Plate RM2.00
          Tamago maki         - omelette
          Tamago                 - omelette

·         Under Beige Colour Plate RM3.00
     Inari            - sweet beancurd skin (I don't like the sweetness.)
     Takohachi    - deep fried salmon sausage (We thought it was just
                               an ordinary sausage, surprise!)

·         Under Pink Colour Plate RM4.00 - tagged as  Chef's signature

          Surimi scallop                  - deep fries fish based scallop (We
                                                  thought it was nuggets at first)
          Inari boat tuna mayo       - sweet bean curd skin, tuna mayonnaise
                                                  and shredded cucumber (Thanks to the
                                                  other ingredients it saved the sweetness.  I like sweet                                                   but it's not just the usual delicious sweet.)
          CKT maki                        - cucumber, crabstick, omelette and
                                                  cheese

·         Under Red Colour Plate RM5.00 - with a header of Chef's
     recommendation

     Chicken cheese roll - deep fried chicken and cheese

·         Under Purple Colour Plate RM6.00 - owning the Best Seller caption

          Ebi ten tenpura prawn     -  (not tempura?)
          Spider roll                       - deep fried soft shell crab, flying fish roe,
                                                       crabstick n mixed sesame seed. (Be                                                   careful although the shells are soft still it's very                                                             noticeable)
                                                    
                                                  place cover here

We waited for a Black Colour Plate RM7.00 to come out from the conveyor too bad there was none.  Oh well, menu says at selected outlets only. 

I was about to try 1 of the 3 Vinegar drinks but I was more drawn to the Pink Guava 
Yakult.  Yes it was delicious and the colour is so feminine :).  It was too tempting to order more and this time from the A la carte but I was too full already.  Gluttony and you know, it's a sin.  It was this time that I discovered the calorie meter as I was leafing through the pages of the menu while waiting for Z.  I guess I had hypoglycaemia when we stepped in the restaurant that's why everything I read was a blur hehehe or Zs' excitement with the belt was just too contagious or I was just too hungry then that I can't wait any second more.   From what the menu said, a bowl of Spicy Jigoku Ramen has 469 Kcalories.  Oh! How disheartening!  Don't worry for those who are figure conscious they have the Slimming / Anti-Ageing / Lower Cholesterol / Detox selection too.  So there's no reason why Sushi King should not be tried out.  As for me, I'll have my second helping at Sushi King soon and I can't wait.

Definitely, gochiso-sama!

A wonderful Tuesday evening!


You may visit this page for more details http://www.sushi-king.com/index.php

1 comment: