Tuesday, July 23, 2013

my want shop .. . Harrods World Signature Shop and Tea Salon

It's one store you can't help but notice at Level 1 Park Mall KLCC Suria Mall.  It's between between British India and Godiva very near to the escalator.  It has this huge and super huggable teddy at the entrance.   As lavish, as fascinating, and as royal its roots this store is also about.  It's Harrods World Signature Shop and Tea Salon. 

Their shop is overwhelming with stuff.

          They have cookies, teas (leaves and bag), chocolates, bags, purses, British Monarchy souvenir items, key chains, baby clothing, aprons, and more.  I am a fond of knickknack, tin can, cute stuff, and anything that my eyes are held captive.  If of course I can afford it hehehe and If I can't, window shopping will do -- not just once but more than you can think of hehe.  For me, this store is like a treasure box that I want to keep coming back.  Take note, it's a want :).  And because I want to have one, I got myself this very useful, all around bag in one of their previous sales years ago. 


A Tea Salon or café that makes me drool.
         
          Inside the shop is a counter for their coffee, tea, sweets and pastries.  Passed the signature shop is the salon.  We were greeted by a courteous staff upon entry and I was wowed by the simple yet elegantly furnished small venue.  It was cozy, clean, and aha! can be used as a secret rendezvous.  Kidding aside, it was dinner time and I'm glad that the 1st floor café was closed for an exclusive function because I prefer the original Tea Salon for my 1st ever food trip experience at Harrods.  I sat facing the furthest wall.  On my left is a view of Suria's dancing water fountain and on my right, 3 steps away is a wall of picture frames of old Harrods in London.  It's actually 3 columns in the middle of the whole right side wall.


Our picks:
         
1Seafood Pasta Olio-olio - Among the 3 meals, I love my Seafood pasta the most.  The taste was just perfect for me.  It was not salty nor bland and it got a kick.  It's an ultimate Seafood pasta because the shrimps, squid and the scallops were of good sizes and there were enough pieces too.  It's not like the previously tried Seafood pasta where I have to locate the whereabouts of the seafood.  How disappointing.  But at Harrods I was so happy with my SSSSP. 

2Traditional Fish and Chips - As the name itself traditional but it was the most expensive.  Until now I can't help wonder why it was so expensive hehehe.  Okay, let me assess.  The chips were big in slices, fish was succulent, the coating was crunchy, it was not oily and it got a seal of good taste from my son.  Oh! I'm positive with my words.  It must be the fish? Is cod really that pricey?  Anyways, as long as Z loves it then it must be good.  Still, I can't get over with the price.  hehehe.   

3Salt Beef Sandwich - If you are not a mustard lover like we do, I think you can just ask the waiter to serve it on separate.   Jack finds it dry, with less beef and only strong mustard.  His verdict for the sandwich is only 2 stars.  It didn't match up with his expectation.  He had a previous experience with Salt Beef or Corned Beef Sandwich so he has a basis for comparison hehehe.  Tsk!  Too bad.

4Ice Cream single in Vanilla  - I was so envious while Z was happily digging into his vanilla ice cream.  It was topped with a strawberry and I don't know the name but it looks like a thin sugar brittle.  Below the ice cream were like crumbs of nuts or something like that hehe. 

Red wine not in picture.  They don't serve house water but they have mineral bottled water.  All meals were big in portion.  It's meant for sharing.  Yes, we didn't finish what we have ordered and we're not shy to ask for a doggie bag.  We paid anyway and why would I allow the half eaten portion wasted?  The joy of dinner was still continued at next day's lunch.  Isn't it awesome? 

An ambiance I can loaf for hours. 

          Yes, Harrods is pricey whether it's a thing or food.  It's not like any fast food chain that you can immediately say, "Okay, let us eat at Harrods."  But for people with deep pockets, it's nothing.  Despite it, YES, I will never get tired of visiting Harrods.  And the next time I'll sit down, it will be for a Tea Time or sweets overload.  Pay day is nearing, yahooo!

          I love the experience, I appreciate the good customer service, I like the utensils used, I like the ambiance, and I love the English feel.  I love monarchy. :).

          Hail to the Queen.  Congratulations to Prince William and Princess Kate.  Welcome to the world Prince Cambridge!  May you'll be blessed and protected by your granny Princess Diana.  Feeling close to the Royals?!  Let it be! :). 

 Good night everyone and off to our dreams.  Don't forget to pray!


No comments:

Post a Comment