Saturday, July 27, 2013

sweet baguette anyone? .. RUSCO

If pan de sal is to Filipinos, baguette is to the French.  No .. no .. no!  I will not be comparing both as they are both famous and delicious from where they both originated.  With both, I can eat them with toppings, turn them into a pizza, as a sandwich, dunk in a hot cup of coffee (can French do this? because I do this with my baguette ssshhh), eat plain, toast and however I like them to be they will always end up filling my tummy heavenly!   

How about a sweet baguette that comes from Japan?

R U S C O -- "The tastiness of the rusk is from the finest ingredients.  We invite you to come and enjoy the crispiness and sweetness of Rusco!" -- from their leaflet





            It's a new store at Pavilion Mall Level 6 Tokyo Street.  I love how the open shop is presented.  No window or door just an aisle booth.  I love the big sized glass jars on top of the glass counter which contains the colourful rusks.  There are 8 flavours to choose from -- Honey, Sweet Chocolate, Raspberry, Green Tea, Black Sesame, Blueberry, Caramel Almond and Valencia Orange.  They have taste test for each flavour and Z was all smiles from ear to ear again.  I love the Chocolate from first bite up to its after taste.  The chocolate came in strong and that's what made me liked it most.  I find the Black Sesame too much -- flavour and aroma.  I haven't tasted the Caramel Almond and Valencia Orange yet.  As to the others, the tastiness of each flavour is mild and present in each rusk. 

Unwrapping time !

  • I love it's crispiness very friendly to my gums. 
  • It's not greasy.
  • A nice gift alternative. 
  • The sweetness is not an overkill because of the added flavour. 
  • The packaging is very presentable.  The box is sturdy and I think there is paper bag for every box you buy. 
  • It's new so it's worth a try.
  • I find it quite expensive with its size.  RM2.00 a piece or Php 13.49 (Forex on net today).  By getting the big box RM 72.00 with 8 flavours and 6 pieces in each mini bag you get RM0.50/piece savings the most. Oh well, let us not forget that packaging and overhead are always part of the costing .
  • Without the knowledge of being it an innovated baguette, it could end up me saying, "it's like eating the packed toasted bread with butter that I used buy at the grocery store".  Only Rusco's the softest toasted bread ever with different flavours and sugars on top. 
  • I salute Rusco for the innovation.  It's jazzing up a plain baguette into a colourful and flavourful one.
My recommendation?  For experience, I repeat bullet #6.  For frequency?  It can only dictate you.  Part of their opening is a gift voucher which you can avail on your next purchase.  In our case, it will be RM10.00 off on the RM72.00 box.  So, I know now my personal answer for the frequency question.  As for you, I remain my last statement hehehe.  

To a colourful weekend everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment